• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • junee74@gmail.com
    New User
    • Jul 2012

How to RTL Code Highlight

Hi everyone.

I used this tool, compare to verilog rtl code.
    But verilog rtl code doesn't support syntax coloring.

Let's me know how to enable this feature?

Thanks all.
    Best Regards.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

We do not have a Verilog file format, but you can create your own custom format in the Tools menu -> File Formats. In the grammar tab, you would need to define new grammars for the syntax of rtl files. If rtl is similar to another format (c++? java?) you can copy on of these formats, and edit it to meet your needs.

The grammar names have their color controlled in the Tools menu -> Options, File Views, Display section. You can use existing names or create new/custom ones.

We have a KB article that goes into detail on defining new Grammar elements, and marking them as Unimportant. You can follow most of this guide, but instead of marking as Unimportant in the Importance tab of the Session Settings, instead go to the Display section and change their color.
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo..._unimportantv3
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Eric W
      New User
      • Mar 2013

Verilog

Here's the Verilog RTL grammar that I've created:

Comment

• Chris
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Eric, thanks for sharing the file format.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• steve_77
          Visitor
          • Feb 2013

vhdl / verilog : additional file formats for bc 4?

Know this thread is a bit old but does anyone have a file format for vhdl ? or any additional updates to verilog to support the latest standards of both HDL languages? [i.e (vhdl 200x) / (verilog 2001) or even (system verilog)]?

Comment

• Chris
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Hi Steve,

The Verilog format posted in this forum thread is the only Verilog file format I'm aware of for Beyond Compare.

We don't have a VHDL file format available for Beyond Compare yet. If you find one or create one and you'd like to share it, please email it to [email protected] or post it in our forums.
            Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...