Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisjj
    Carpal Tunnel
    • Apr 2008

Good news - thanks. I hope you'll beta test.

Comment

• capricorn
      New User
      • Feb 2014

Any news on this?

I am also eagerly waiting for BC to support MTP. I have seen some other products out there on the market that support file sync between Windows and Android. But as a long time and true BC user (1st registration 15 yrs ago! :-) I won't be cheating on BC, unless I am enforced.

Comment

• Zoë
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Status is basically the same as my post in December. Getting it into an early BC4 release is looking more likely, but there's still work to do, and the limitations I mentioned are just aspects of Android's MTP support that we can't control, so FTP/SMB servers may still give better results.
        Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• Zingaro
          New User
          • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Zoë
          Status is basically the same as my post in December 2014. Getting it into an early BC4 release is looking more likely, but there's still work to do, and the limitations I mentioned are just aspects of Android's MTP support that we can't control, so FTP/SMB servers may still give better results.
          ... How about now?

Comment

• Zoë
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

MTP support on Windows has been in since BC 4.0 launched. You can either browse to it from within BC or launch a comparison using the Explorer context menu.

Same limitations still apply: Last modified times can't be set on Android because it doesn't mount the file system in a way that allows it. Copying between directories on the device requires copying it locally and then copying it back.

No current plans to add support on Linux or macOS.
            Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• obetz
              Expert
              • Jun 2008

As thread opener, I want to thank for the MTP support in BC4. It's really useful to handle files on Android phones.

Comment

Working...