X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ggruber59
    New User
    • Jul 2011

VSS 2005 Check In Diff

For many reasons I am using VSS 2005 for source control. I don't need anything real fancy and I alone am maintaining the files.

When I check in a file and use the default difference function provided with VSS 2005, I can access the dialog box while the differences window is open. However, if I setup Beyond Compare (using latest copy) to view differences (VSS 2005 -> Tools -> Options... -> Custom Editors) and add the following command line:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Beyond Compare 3\BComp.exe %1 %2 /solo /ro

(I also tried no parameters and BCompare.exe also), Beyond Compare behaves as those it is a modal dialog box (i.e. I can't get to the check in dialog box and the title shows it is not responding). When I close BC I can then access the dialog box normally.

Is this intentional behavior? Is there a way to make BC not behave as those it is a modal dialog box?

Thank you for any information you can provide.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

This type of modal behavior is usually controlled by the host application. While the built-in xcompare allows for switching between dialogs, do other external programs behave similarly to BC3?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...