Is it possible to define rules within script or dynamically?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aracknid
    Visitor
    • May 2009

Is it possible to define rules within script or dynamically?

Using BC 2.5.3

I've created a script that does everything I want (rules based compare of HTML files, ignoring lines that have certain text in it, creating reports).

The only thing I don't like is that I have to go into BC ahead of time and define my rule. At least, this is what I think...

Since I might be running this on any number of computers, I'd like to define the rules in the script itself. It also makes it easy for another person looking at this script to know what is being ignored and easily modify it. It also prevents accidental loss of information as time goes by and different people work with this.

Is there any way?

As an aside, I found the Rules.bcru file on my system, which looks like it contains all my info. Can this file be dropped onto any other machine (in the correct place) and those rules will apply? Is there a nice way to view this file so that it can be editted without using BC?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Aracknid.
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Sorry, it isn't possible to define a file comparison rule in a script. You can use the "Tools > Export Settings" and "Tools > Import Settings" commands to transfer rules between computers or users. Copying the "Rules.bcru" file will completely replace all rules for the user you copy it to.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...