• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hartungr
    Enthusiast
    • Apr 2005

3.0.9 how to do file selections

3.0.9 on Suse 9.3

Two different things that I want to accomplish, selection-wise.

(a) I am comparing a huge tree structure to a subset. On the subset side, some files are the same, some are different. I can get down to the true deltas within the subset by Show Differences No Orphans.

But how to do equivalent of "Select All Files on <side> only"? I'm trying to Copy Filenames of the true deltas, without getting the interleaving of left then right filenames.

(b) Once I have selected "All Files on <side> only", my next step is to copy the changes into the huge tree. I often need to flip the selection across the middle to the other side (to mark destination attributes as writeable). Generally, Invert Selection marks too many files to be practical. I guess I'm looking for a Invert Mirror rather than an Invert Everything.

Thanks
  • Zoë
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hi Bob,

You can use Ctrl+Left/Right Arrow to switch the sides of the selection.
    Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• hartungr
      Enthusiast
      • Apr 2005

Ah, um...I remapped those keys to Copy File to Left/Right.

What is the preset mapping (what command name is bound to Ctrl-Left/Right Arrow by default)?

Comment

• Zoë
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

I'd have to check when I get into the office on Monday. I suspect that it's hardcoded in the treeview control rather than a remappable action, but it might not be hard to change that.
        Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• Tim
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Actually, it's Shift+Left/Right Arrow to push the selection to one side or the other.
          Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

• hartungr
            Enthusiast
            • Apr 2005

Craig, Tim - thanks. Two presses of Shift+Left/Right arrow accomplish what I was looking for, for part (b)

Comment

• hartungr
              Enthusiast
              • Apr 2005

And for my part (a), that leads to a workaround - using Select All Files, then Shift+Left/Right arrow to slam the selection to one side or the other. Although orphans on one side result in empty selections on the other, the Copy Filename skips the empty selections and I end up with just the valid filenames from a single side.

Comment

Working...