X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • moWhite
    New User
    • Jul 2008

quick multi-compare

Maybe this is available with scripting, but...

I was looking at the three-way merge features hoping it might solve a common deployment problem. I now understand this new feature, looks interesting but it won't help.

What I'm trying to do is speed up the deployment of certain files to my multiple production machines.

I compare my main source on my development to my test machine, then to my staging machine. If all looks good and Q/A signs off, I roll out to multiple production servers, one at a time.

It would be nice to be able to lock the left-side compare and quickly move from one server to the next on the right-side. I can do this by typing and drop down boxes of course, but something a bit more automated would be nice.

Thanks, Richard
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Richard,

Thanks for the suggestion. Syncing one source folder to multiple target folders is on our wish list, but we won't be able to include it in BC 3.0.

Your best bet for this might be to use a BC script. You can have one script that calls the sync command for each pair of folders you want to synchronize.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...