X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jepp
    New User
    • Nov 2007

"Unable to load base folder"

I've used this many times, on many pc's. Now I did one for my own pc, synchronizing left to right from my documents to same folder on the external 'm' drive. If I run it from BC, it works fine. But try to run it from scheduled tasks, and BC gives a script error, "Unable to load base folder"... here's the script:

load "C:\Documents and Settings\Jepp\My Documents" "M:\Backups"
    expand all
    select left.newer.files left.orphan.files
    copy left->right

Anyone have any ideas?
    Jepp
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Re: \"Unable to load base folder\"

If it is stating it cannot load the base folders in script, here are a couple things you can try initially:

make this the top line of your sciprt:
    log verbose "logtest.txt"

Also, try a test script of just the log line, and the load line, to see if that errors out:
    log verbose "logtest.txt"
    load "C:\Documents and Settings\Jepp\My Documents" "M:\Backups"

Is M:\Backups accessible from the command line? Can you navigate it manually from Run... -> "cmd"?

Can you run the script successfully from the command line: C:\program files\beyond compare\bc2.exe @scriptfilehere
    ?

If it is a scheduled task, and M:\ is an external USB drive, is it possible it is going into a powersave mode (or, if it is plugged into a USB in the monitor, the monitor is turned off)?

Let me know if any of those above ideas help. If you have any other questions, please post here, or contact us at [email protected]
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Chris
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Jepp,

If M: is a mapped network drive, the mapping might not be available to the scheduled task. Using a UNC path (\\server\share\folder\) instead of the drive letter might help.
      Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• jepp
        New User
        • Nov 2007

Boy, sometimes ya just feel dumb. Guess I was too sleepy that night. Thank you for both of your posts, it was my error. The line had the backup going to "M:\backups", which... did NOT exist!! I had a folder on the M drive called My Documents, not Backups. Thanks for helping me take a second look to figure out my error. I appreciate it. Have a good weekend!

Comment

Working...