X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwharton
    Visitor
    • Mar 2011

Compare rules to auto-ignore certain differences

I am in the process of synchronizing source code changes between two sets of files. The source code on one side of the comparison has had some consistent search and replace changes applied globally. Both sides of source code have evolved and now I am trying to merge between the two. Is there some way I can enter in some rules to automatically ignore the predicted search and replace conditions between the two sides?
  • jwharton
    Visitor
    • Mar 2011

I wanted to add that it is fine if this feature is only when displaying the differences of files. Maybe just have it affect the color?

Comment

• Aaron
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Hello,

You can generally define Unimportance, following this guide:
      http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo..._unimportantv3

You can then toggle Ignore Unimportant Differences On or Off. If Off, Unimportant differences are Blue, which are treated as differences (like Red Important differences). If On, Unimportant differences are black/treated as equal (same) text.

BC4 Pro also has an Alignment Override feature, which can define a specific aligned difference as Unimportant ("this" with "that"), in the Text Compare's Session menu -> Session Settings, Alignments tab.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...