X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alycat
    Visitor
    • Jul 2015

Comparing files on an FTP server

OK, so I am reorganising some directories on my server. I copied files from the server to my local machine, then copied them back to the new directories on the server.

I now want to compare the files to see what has changed and if the copy was ok.

I am using BC 4.0 18847

I tried opening a folder compare between the two directories on the server. Next between the the directory on the local machine and the directory on the server.

In both cases as soon as I open up an FTP directory both left and right windows change to the server directory ... what am I doing wrong?
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

The Folder Compare has two folder paths, and each has a Browse button. If you use the left browse first and select a target, then select a right target, this should load and compare the two. What target are you selecting exactly, and then what target is loading, on each side?

Additionally: all 4.x updates are free for 4.x users. Please update to BC 4.2.2 using the Help menu -> Check for Updates, or download directly from the website.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Alycat
      Visitor
      • Jul 2015

Seems to be working ok now, not sure what I was doing.

Comment

Working...