X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steve_77
    Visitor
    • Feb 2013

BC4 (4.2.2) keeps crashing when used to compare large folders

Ive been sending in bug reports and directly contacting support , but haven't heard anything. Is anyone else having issues? I though it was due to a new tool chain i was using on win7 but then i did a directory diff on "program files " and "program files (x86)" and got the same issue. Im using my personal licence on my work laptop and dont have admin rights on the PC are admin rights needed to make the tool work smoothly? Ive used BC4, BC3 and BC2 over the years and never had issues like this. Tried rolling back to 4.2.1 but same issue.. i suspect its related to privileges on the PC. Anyone have any thoughts?
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Thanks for writing in. I found your email from yesterday, but it was sent after office hours so we're still working through those emails this morning. Crash Reports are useful, but we aren't always able to directly respond to them, so a direct email to support@scootersoftware or posting here will help. We'll look through the stack trace and get back to you with some questions. I'll also immediately email you a copy of BC 4.1.9 for testing, too.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Aaron
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Hello,

The issue is when working with the CRC column enabled and sorted/inverted. If you sort on another column, you can avoid the crash while we work on a fix.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...