X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rowan.bradley
    Visitor
    • Nov 2016

Can't access FTP site

I have used BC for a long time. I have now run into a problem. When trying to copy files to an FTP site, it is failing, or stalling half way through the file. Here is the error message:
    Unable to copy \\SUE-PC\C-Users\RowanB\Documents\Inetpub\www.grantachorale.org.uk\public_html\index.php: Socket Error # 10060
    Connection timed out.
    Unable to load ftp://[email protected]/public_html: Socket Error # 10060
    Connection timed out.
    My web hosting support team has suggested that I need to turn off encryption in order for the FTP access to my web site to work. This seems to have done the trick with Filezilla,, but how do I do the equivalent thing with Beyond Compare?

Thanks - Rowan
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Which specific option did you toggle in Filezilla? If we can see that information, I can help see if we have the same option in BC4.

Was it the difference between FTP, SFTP, or FTPS? That is in the Tools menu -> Profiles, select your specific profile, Login tab: Protocol dropdown.

Update: In case it is needed for troubleshooting, if you change an existing profile please restart the BC4 app. This way, we can be sure the right setting is applied and not cached in an open tab or session.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...