X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • markscohen
    Visitor
    • Jun 2013

BC Mac 4.1.8 Auto-Update Failed

I attempted an auto-update today from OSX BC 4.1.6 to BC 4.1.8 and received an error message. The msg indicated that something was missing in the download package and it could be run directly from a temp ZIP in my VAR folder. I dismissed the message too quickly and didn't take a screen shot to get the exact path, but wound up just re-downloading directly to the Desktop and updating successfully from that ZIP. Where will the failed ZIP be in my VAR area so I can clean it out? I dislike having extraneous stuff anywhere that I don't need. Thanks!
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Thanks and sorry you hit a hiccup updating. If you run on the terminal:
    echo $TMPDIR

This should reveal your current system temp directory, and in there you should see BCUpdate.zip if you need to delete it.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• markscohen
      Visitor
      • Jun 2013

Hi Aaron... thanks for your reply.

I used "echo $TMPDIR", then a CD to that folder at "/var/folders/9t/g38rqpqj1z9gfj92ssdms3lc0000gn/T/", then a ls to list files.

BCUpdate.zip was not there, but I did read somewhere that if files are not accessed in the temp directory for some period (e.g. 3 days) they are automatically purged, so I assume that's why it's not there.

Thanks again!
      Mark

Comment

Working...