How could I display / find the amount of files / folders in the panels?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Donk
    Old Hand
    • May 2016

• Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Sorry, I'm not sure which file count info you are seeking. From a Folder Compare, we display some information in the bottom status bar, either of the visible files or the current selection. You can Expand All, then Select All Files to select all files. This can be combined with the Display Filters to limit the visible files for the Select All Files to act on.

You can also generate Reports or a summary Info dialog from the Session menu.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Donk
      Old Hand
      • May 2016

Very sorry for my bad expression.

From a Folder Compare, we display some information in the bottom status bar, either of the visible files or the current selection. You can Expand All, then Select All Files to select all files.
      Ah yes, that is what I meant:

So you at first have to expand and then mark all of the files and then BC shows in the status bar the complete amount of files separately. But there is no option to always show the complete amount of the left side separately and the right side separately, I assume.

Many thanks

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Correct, since all folders might not be scanned unless expanded or configured in the Handling tab (not defaults).
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Donk
          Old Hand
          • May 2016

Alright, thank you.

Comment

• Larry719
            New User
            • Nov 2020

There is a toolbar button at the top that displays either All, Structure, Files, or Flatten when toggled. If this button is toggled to Flatten and you enter CTRL-A to select all files then the file count and total size for both folders will be displayed in the status line at the bottom of the display.

Comment

• Aaron
              Team Scooter
              • Oct 2007

Hello,

Thanks!
              Flattening can change the comparison (as any item can align to any item in any folder, since all items are in a single bucket instead of in the folder structure), but does allow "Select All" to select only files by removing the folders from view.

If using the other three folder view modes, then you can use the Edit menu -> Expand All and the Edit menu -> Select All Files (not Select All) for the selection of only files, while still preserving the folder structure. Expand All and Select All Files are also on the toolbar.
              Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...