• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phil
    Journeyman
    • Mar 2015

Problem with Scheduled Task

Hello,

right now I'm trying to do a Folder / text compare via command line script.
    Then I'm running the Scheduled Task as "run only when user is logged on" it works fine.

The Problem is that it should run without a logged on user. So I want to use the other option "Run whether user is logged on or not". If I try this, it doesn't work. I know that some BC settings are in the userprofile, so I installed a portable Version of BC4 but it still doesn't work. Any ideas?

Kind regards,
    Phil
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

The portable install is usually what I recommend and clears up any issues. If your script has the log command as the first line of the script, is this log created when you run the scheduled task?

Which version of BC4 are you running, and under which version of Windows?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• phil
      Journeyman
      • Mar 2015

Hello Aaron,

the problem was that my logfile output pointed to an path that only is available with my logged in user..
      The Scheduled Task works fine so now.

Now I got another problem. Then I define an unimportant rule (like a regular expression to match a date) it normally should save this in the BCSessions.xml, am I right? Well, in an early BC4 Version it worked like this. So I generated this xml-file always via SQL Commands to get specified rules for each file I compare.

In this portable Version I use right now (4.1.2 (Build 20720) 64 bit), it seems that it doesn't generate the BCSessions.xml and doesn't use it if I manually generate it. Any ideas?

Comment

• phil
        Journeyman
        • Mar 2015

Notice: The version I used before with the BCSessions.xml is BC4: Version 4.0.5 (build 19480)

Comment

• Aaron
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Hello Phil,

That is the expected behavior, and we haven't had changes to this between BC 4.0.5 and BC 4.1.2. A portable install should create and use a BCSessions.xml in the install directory.

BCSessions.xml and other BCsetting.xmls should be placed in the same directory as the Portable Install as long as the directory is writeable for the current user and the program. First, to verify it is a Portable Install, is BCState.xml present in this directory? If not, it's a normal install and is currently writing to your AppData instead. If you create a BCState.xml, this will make it a portable install.

Next, if you create and save a session, note it is in the Home screen's Saved Sessions list, then fully shut down and relaunch the application, is the session still there? If the portable install were in a read-only location, such as launched from a CDROM, we can temporarily create sessions while running but cannot save or preserve them between restarts.

Edit: sorry, to clarify, I would like to test the graphical interface first. Once it is verified working here, we'll then move back to your script call.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• phil
            Journeyman
            • Mar 2015

Hello Aaron,

thanks for the tip. The BCState.xml was named as BCState.bak.xml (Dunno why, I didn't set this name).
            I rename it and it worked, thanks! Btw it did a reinstall (again portable) and this time the BCState.xml was there as it should.

Regards,
            Phil

Comment

Working...