X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • krisburg@opsoft.com
    Visitor
    • Nov 2015

*.inf files fail to sync - privilege issue

Noted *.inf files may not sync with error message indicating privilege issue.

Ran BC4 as administrator, but still refuses to sync these files.

Properties of the *.inf files in question do not reveal any special settings. My filters are off in the comparison.

Screen shot is attached.
    Attached Files
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

The first thing I would have recommended is to right click the BC4 shortcut and Run as Administrator. Thanks for already testing that.

If you open Windows Explorer and attempt to copy one of these files from the source to the same destination in another Explorer window, do you see any extra prompts? UAC? Does it succeed or fail?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• krisburg@opsoft.com
      Visitor
      • Nov 2015

*.inf files fail to sync - privilege issues on destination drive

Originally posted by Aaron
      Hello,

The first thing I would have recommended is to right click the BC4 shortcut and Run as Administrator. Thanks for already testing that.

If you open Windows Explorer and attempt to copy one of these files from the source to the same destination in another Explorer window, do you see any extra prompts? UAC? Does it succeed or fail?
      I see a UAC request, which I reply to, and then it fails. Failure message box attached.

I also have attached the the properties of the folder and the security settings for the folder on the destination drive. I am an administrator on the system.

I do notice that if I transer for same file from Drive D: to Drive E: (internal drives) it copies without any problem and without UAC prompts.

However, the block appears to be related to the destination USB drive Drive J. All files on USB drive J were put there by running BC4 folder syncs. No other method was used.

I am on Windows 10, but have not had the most recent update (October 12th?) pushes to my machine yet by Microsoft.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

Which thumbnail would be the failure message from attempting to copy the file using Windows Explorer? BC4 uses the same basic copy method as Explorer, so if Windows cannot copy the file then BC4 will also fail. The core problem of copying in Explorer would need to be solved first, and then BC4 would be expected to work.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...