X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RodolfoGiovanninetti
    Veteran
    • Oct 2007

entry point error in B.C. 4.1.1?

In the last few days, while using B.C. 4.1.1 I have seen this error, when I tried to remove a folder (and/or a document? I am not sure).
    I do not know if this is due to B.C. 4.1.1 or to some issue with my laptop, that has windows 2003 32 English.
    I did not see this message with B.C. 4.1, but maybe this is just a coincidence, and I did something wrong at the same time while installing the new build.
    In this example, I removed the folder "10.1.15" that is on the left, on a local drive (not a network one, "F:" is a partition of my drive).
    The first time I got an error, but then I tried again and it worked (did I close B.C. 4.1.1 and then I re-opened it? I do not remember).

Thank You and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti
    Attached Files
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

This looks like a 3rd party shell extension is crashing in that environment. This is usually seen if there is a buggy shell extension in the Explorer right click menu, but the Delete To Recycle Bin also uses provided Windows API functions which could be loading it.

Have you rebooted your machine? And after a reboot does this reproduce with every delete, often, or sometimes? If it is easy to reproduce, we could try using an application like ShellExView to disable specific extensions to see if that gets it working, then re-enable them one at a time to find the conflict extension.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...