• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SteveR2
    New User
    • Aug 2015

4.1 beta and OneDrive issues.

Hi there,

I am now needing to backup my photo/artwork collection on the cloud. I have 1Tb of OneDrive available and I have about 200Gb of data to backup. I have been using BC to do this with a NAS for several yeas and it has done the job perfectly. So I was pleased to see that in the version 4.1 beta OneDrive is supported. So I have downloaded the v4.1 beta trial (only have a v3 license at the moment) and gave it a bash.

I have encountered 3 issues with my testing and I was wondering if it could be confirmed if they are known glitches that are fixable in future betas. These are not disimilar to the issues in this thread... http://www.scootersoftware.com/vbull...azon-S3-issues

Issue 1
    -------
    I seem to have an issue with large files - some of my .PSD files can be very large and these seem to error as below - I have added the byte size of each file in the end in square brackets. These were the 3 biggest files in the batch. The next biggest file which did upload ok was 100,665,745 bytes - so there seems to be a limit between 100,665,745 and 105,492,757. Is it a 100Mb limit as this is 104,857,600 bytes? I think OneDrive's limit is 10Gb per file.

Unable to copy Z:\Pictures\Artwork\Fractals & Abstract\plasma.psd: Invalid server response [151,167,966 bytes]
    Unable to copy Z:\Pictures\Artwork\My Artwork\Archive\Knots of Weirdness.psd: Invalid server response [105,492,757 bytes]
    Unable to copy Z:\Pictures\Artwork\My Artwork\Best Work\Dr Who - Transit (A2 300dpi).psd: Invalid server response [169,730,197 bytes]

Can also get the error of the type...
    Unable to copy Z:\Pictures\Artwork\My Artwork\Best Work\Dungeon (re-make 2011).tif: Connection timeout (error code is 96270)
    ...but "invalid server response" is the most consistent error message.

Issue 2
    -------
    I also got this error for a very small file - 2 different error message - but this file errors repeatedly (couple of different error messages though) so don't think it is a network issue.

1) Unable to copy Z:\Pictures\Artwork\My Artwork\Best Work\Dungeon (re-make 2011).tif: Socket connection reset by peer [3,850,286 bytes]
    2) Unable to copy Z:\Pictures\Artwork\My Artwork\Best Work\Dungeon (re-make 2011).tif: Connection timeout (error code is 96270)

Issue 3
    -------
    When the files are copied to OneDrive they are dated the date of the copy - rather than their original date. This is potentially a bit if a pain when doing a comparison/refresh as it picks up all the same files even though they have not changed - is this fixable? I am saying "No To All" to the question BC raises about replacing these files so it kind of does the job. Be better if the file date was retained however for other reasons.

Many thanks for any help or comments
    Cheers
    Steve
    Last edited by SteveR2; 31-Aug-2015, 10:24 AM.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Thanks for the report. We have a few fixes in the pipeline, although it is difficult to predict if they will resolve all of your issues. If you email us at [email protected] (with a link back to this forum thread included for our reference) I could get you a nightly build once it is available for testing, or you can wait for the next release to help test the next round of changes.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Aaron
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Hello,

I should add that #3 is expected behavior. The OneDrive API does not currently support setting the timestamp, so we are unable to preserve it on upload. You could re-set the local timestamp after copying up to keep them equal, or you'll have to use the official OneDrive app to keep the timestamps for upload.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• SteveR2
        New User
        • Aug 2015

Thanks Aaron, appreciate the comments. I'll probably wait for the next beta release to have another go - but thank you for the offer of nightly builds.

Cheers
        Steve

Comment

• Aaron
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

If you are still having any trouble after the next release, just post here or email us and let us know.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Chris
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Uploading large files to OneDrive is fixed in Beyond Compare 4.1 that we released today. Please let us know if you continue to have trouble with the new version.
            Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• Devo
              New User
              • Jan 2016

Didn't work for me...

Originally posted by Chris
              Uploading large files to OneDrive is fixed in Beyond Compare 4.1 that we released today. Please let us know if you continue to have trouble with the new version.
              I just downloaded the trial today (Version 4.1.3 (build 20814)). I set up OneDrive and when I tried to upload a large file I got the same error.

Is there anything I can try? Thanks!

Comment

• Aaron
                Team Scooter
                • Oct 2007

Hello,

Could we get a few more details on the upload process? How large was your file? How much free space do you have in your OneDrive? What error appeared in the log?

To confirm, are you also able to upload a small test file?
                Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Devo
                  New User
                  • Jan 2016

I have lots of files that have failed. All are over ~103 MB. When I try to upload any of them, I get this error in the log (folder & filename notwithstanding):

1/29/2016 7:13:16 PM Unable to copy C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Pictures\2015\201512-ChristineiPhone\IMG_8371.MOV: Invalid server response

This particular file is 108 MB. Some of my larger files that have failed are much larger (like 450 MB). I have 1TB of storage on my OneDrive with more than half unused. And to answer your last question, yes it successfully uploads all of my smaller (<103 MB) files.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

• Chris
                    Team Scooter
                    • Oct 2007

Thanks for the follow up. I duplicated the problem and I'll add it to our bug list try fixing this again.

In my testing, a 100 MB file uploaded without error, a 101 MB file failed with the "Invalid server response" error.
                    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...