X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vsha041
    New User
    • Feb 2015

Syntax Highlighting

I just installed the evaluation version of BC 4. I have also configured it to use in VS 2013 using the following settings:

Click image for larger version

Name:	3.png
Views:	1
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	76837

However when I do compare the file in Visual Studio using the TFS compare option (right click on the file and click Compare), BC 4 opens and everything is fine but the C# syntax highlighting is not there. What needs to be done to resolve it? It looks like this currently. Note that this is just an example from web.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

We may need to change /title1 to /vcs1 and title2 to vcs2.

To determine this, what is currently displayed in the title bar of your Text Compare diff? Then, if you remove the /title parameters, what is displayed? What we are looking for is the extension of the files and compare if they are different when using /title and no title. My assumption is when using title we correctly show .c and other c# extensions, but without the files are actually .tmp.

Using /title would look behind the scenes and use .tmp to determine the file format and syntax highlighting.
    Using /vcs would use the displayed extension of the title to determine the file format and syntax highlighting.

The current file format is displayed in the top of the status bar above each pane. It would say either <default>, or C, C# Source (or HTML, Java, etc, depending on file extensions).
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• vsha041
      New User
      • Feb 2015

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the reply. I think the syntax highlighing is there buy very minimal. Here is an example that I created:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Comp1.png
Views:	1
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	76319

So we can see the word public, class, static and Main are in dark. Is that correct ? The keywords like Program, Dictionary are plain texts.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

If you click into the word, we show the detected Grammar at the bottom of the screen. Public is a known Keyword, but Program may not be. You can alter these definitions in the Tools menu -> File Format dialog, as well as define new formats.

Then, in the Options dialog, Colors/Fonts section, in the File Views tab, scroll to the bottom for the Elements list to find the Grammars (predefined or custom), where you can then alter font and colors.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...