X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • epu
    Journeyman
    • Mar 2014

git difftool alignment and diff 'hotness'

Hey there, I finally managed to configure git difftool; originally (other git thread), it was just printing hunks to console with markup. Now it spawns, but the diff blocks don't line up like I might expect. I'm also seeing things render 'hot' as if different, but the hunk is identical to the other side.

Are any other git users seeing this?
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

The alignment is configurable in the Session Settings, Alignment tab. It is also based on the currently detected grammar items, which seems to be off in your screenshot (probably due to an unterminated multi-line grammar).

This is likely the reason for the "not diff but red". If the sides are detected as different elements (String vs. non-string) then it would be marked as a difference.

If you need more help, would it be possible to get a pair of files and your BCSupport.zip (Help menu -> Support; Export) to [email protected] ? If you email, please also include a link to this forum thread.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• epu
      Journeyman
      • Mar 2014

Ah, ok. So breaking a multiline causes more side effect than other edit? Ok, get that. If I terminate the docstring things should line up better. Testing that.

Comment

• epu
        Journeyman
        • Mar 2014

Confirmed. User error. As you were.

Comment

Working...