• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hambone
    Visitor
    • Oct 2006

Filter Syntax

All,

I am having trouble creating the correct syntax for my BC sessions. Has anyone figured out how to get rid of the MS Office Temp / hidden files? I've tried several variations with no success.

Basically every "temp" file has "~$xxxxxx.xxx(h)

Here is an example:

~$CG_2__01 FSO West 2013 Job Planning.xlsm(h)

Any ideas? I'd like to copy the original document, not the temporary file. Thanks in advance.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

The (h) stands for the hidden attribute. A quick method would be to use the File Filters dialog, Other Filters tab, and Exclude "Hidden" files.

Otherwise, you can use the "-" in front of a filter to exclude it. For example: -~$*.*
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Aaron
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

In addition, in BC2, you must use the View menu -> Expand All, Edit menu -> Select All Files. If you select folders, the filtered out items inside those folders will still be copied. *This behavior was altered in BC3 to not include filtered items in selected folders with a toggled option.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• hambone
        Visitor
        • Oct 2006

Aaron,

Thank you for the assistance. The first two points seem to be doing the trick for now 1) quick view & filter syntax. I've implemented both.

One question I have about the "file filters dialog, with BC 3.3.8 (Build 16340). I navigated to: File Filters Dialog \ Other Filters \ DOS Attributes. In this menu there are 4 choices: 1. Archive (ignore); 2. System (Ignore); 3. Hidden (Exclude if set); 4. Read-Only (ignore). Is item #3: Hidden correct with "exclude if set"?

***All four of these have three choices "Ignore", "Exclude if set" and "Exclude if not set".

Comment

• Aaron
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Yes, the BC3 Other Filters dialog is slightly different. You can Ignore the criteria (default), or Include or Exclude if it is set/enabled. I assumed you were using BC2 since this was posted on the BC2 forum; should I move this forum thread to BC3's forum?
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...