X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WayneTheCat
    Journeyman
    • Jan 2014

Tab management question

After startup I see the home tab. When I then double click on a stored session, the home tab is replaced by the comparison tab. Is there a way to leave the home tab open as well, finishing in having two tabs (home, comparison) after open a session, to be able to open another comparison simultaneously?
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

We don't have the option to launch into a new tab from a Home view. The Home view is the default view for any new tab or window. If you need to launch another or new comparison, you can use the New Tab or New Window commands. I would also expect any new instance (tab or window) to load very quickly. Does this meet your needs, or are you running into any trouble loading a new tab/window, or is there another workflow you'd like this to meet?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• WayneTheCat
      Journeyman
      • Jan 2014

Loading a new tab, which actually is a new home screen, and then double click the desired session works quite good. I did never use the new tab command and was irritated because the home tab got "lost", and I was not able to go back to home without closing the current tab... Thank you, problem solved and happy :-)

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Oh, and also, for opening multiple simultaneously, you can select multiple at once (Shift click or Ctrl click), then right-click and Open the selection.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• WayneTheCat
          Journeyman
          • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Aaron
          Oh, and also, for opening multiple simultaneously, you can select multiple at once (Shift click or Ctrl click), then right-click and Open the selection.
          This, however, does not work. I cannot select multiple items at once (the tree is single selection only; ctrl-click opens the context menu)...

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

And thanks for that report. Sorry for the confusion: Ctrl+click is a Windows selection method; on Mac we'd use a different shortcut. We'll look into getting Shift+Click selection working.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Aaron
              Team Scooter
              • Oct 2007

Also, another tip: if you place multiple sessions into a Folder, you can right click that folder and open all sessions within it.
              Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• WayneTheCat
                Journeyman
                • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Aaron
                Also, another tip: if you place multiple sessions into a Folder, you can right click that folder and open all sessions within it.
                Aaron, this is exactly what I need :-)

Thank you

Comment

Working...