X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nikolaus
    Expert
    • Apr 2013

"Use Selection for Find"

It's standard in OS X for cmd+e to be the shortcut for "Use Selection for Find". One can select text, press cmd+e, then press cmd+g to find the next occurrence of this text. I couldn't find such functionality in BC4 when I searched through the keyboard shortcuts. Is it there? If not, could it be added?
    Thanks!
  • nikolaus
    Expert
    • Apr 2013

Likewise, it would be nice if pressing cmd+f did *not* use the current selection for the find text. That way having text selected doesn't mess up what you're searching for.

Comment

• Aaron
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Thanks for the feedback. We'll look into what we can do to help emulate this behavior.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• maurice
        Enthusiast
        • Jan 2008

While searching for a related feature, I noticed that this is working for me in BC3 and BC4 File Compare windows exactly the way I expected:
        Select Text
        Cntl+F (Find) or Cntl+H (search)
        BC3 opens the Find or Search popup window with selected text in the input field
        BC4 opens the Find or Search toolbar with selected text in the input field
        In BC3, you have to close the find/search window before you can select new text (or really do anything else)
        In BC4, you can easily select some other text and press Cntl+F or +H again, and the new text is pushed to the input field.
        (In BC3 the search box has to be closed before new text can be selected)
        In both, the last string searched for is retained so F3 at any time (in a file compare window) will run the last find again.

(**sorry. I did not notice this was a Mac/OSX thread. My notes are for the PC versions of BC3 and BC4)
        Last edited by maurice; 24-Apr-2015, 03:22 PM. Reason: clarify my comment is for PC version

Comment

Working...