X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cstern
    Fanatic
    • Feb 2008

stupid question...

I run BC on two macs. For some reason the settings are different on these two machines. On one of them I can not see the progress bar in Folder compare.

How do I turn it on?

BTW, if I type something (+ enter) in the help bubble text (main menu bar) or the search field in Preferences dialog, the dialog box just closes, instead of searching for the item
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Could you email us at [email protected] with:
    - Your pair of BCSupport.zip files (Beyond Compare -> Support; Export)
    - A screenshot of the missing progress bar/any info you can provide and when it does not appear, including OS version and current screen resolution.
    - A link back to this forum thread for our reference

I believe the progress bar should always show.

As for the Searching:
    - The Help menu -> Search is not currently implemented
    - The Preferences search highlights sections and text as you type in realtime. If you hit Enter, you are hitting the 'OK' button in the bottom right.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• cstern
      Fanatic
      • Feb 2008

I sent you the screendump. I just saw that you also want the BCsupport file. I tried to export it but regardless which destination I select for the zip file a dialog box says:

Unable to save settings as /Users/cste/Documents/BCSupport.zip

Perhaps the path is not recognized as I have Danish locale on my machine(?)

(on my machine the above path in Finder would be /Brugere/cste/Dokumenter/... - in the terminal the path is the English one)

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

I'll open a tracker entry to investigate your Danish user folder issue as well.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Aaron
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

And I reproduced your issue with the move command. We'll get that investigated and fixed.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• cstern
            Fanatic
            • Feb 2008

appears to be fixed in 16628

Comment

• Aaron
              Team Scooter
              • Oct 2007

Which part appears to be fixed? We haven't had a chance to fix the Support.zip export issue yet, so I would be curious if that is working for some reason and what might have changed.

Is it just that the progress bar now appears?
              Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• cstern
                Fanatic
                • Feb 2008

yes, I checked only the progress bar. Will check the export function also tomorrow (but since you didn't touch it I guess it is still defunct..)

Comment

• cstern
                  Fanatic
                  • Feb 2008

Guess what, the export of the BCSupport.zip file works now. Since you didn't touch this in the latest build I have no idea what could be the cause of this different behavior.
                  I have (to my knowledge) not changed anything on my machine either.

But bottom line, this does not seem to be a bug anymore(?)

Comment

Working...