X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dablan
    New User
    • Jun 2013

Folder comparasion when Parallel Desktop installed

Folder comparasion on OS/X when Parallel Desktop is already installed and having Windows 7 & Beyond Compare 2 for PC on it start the virtual machine then Beyond Compare on the VM instead of starting the Beyond Compare 4 on Mac.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

I'm not sure if I understand this feedback. Is it that your current shell extension is launching the wrong installation of BC? Once launched, go to the Options dialog, and in Startup disable the Shell extension and reboot your computer. This will disable the incorrect extension from showing up in the menu.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• nspirov
      Visitor
      • Oct 2013

I also confirm that after installing fresh BC4 16750 today, I have "Select Left file for compare" in the context menu in Finder, but when I click it Parallels Desktop is started and then it loads BC for Windoze.

Disabling the extensions from the Windows version and then shutting down Windows and Parallels did the trick without the need to restart MacOS. Now the context menu activates BC for Mac. It still brings the focus to BC unnecessarily though, which is another problem I saw reported elsewhere.

Comment

• nspirov
        Visitor
        • Oct 2013

BTW I can't find instructions how to enable or disable the Finder service in BC4 Mac? It is not under "Startup"?

Comment

• Zoë
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

From the "Beyond Compare" (or any other application) menu, select "Services >" and then "Services Preferences...". You can also access them from the System Preferences under Keyboard -> Keyboard Shortcuts -> Services. BC's specific ones are in the "Files and Folders" subheading.

The Services interface is very limited compared to the Windows one, so "Select Left File/Folder to Compare" and "Compare Files/Folders" are the only commands we support.
          Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...