• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tri
    Visitor
    • May 2013

Switch to other worksheets

Hi,

My Excel file contains multiple worksheets.

How do I view the worksheets to compare and switch to those worksheets?

Thanks.

Regards,
    Tri
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

By default, we only show the current sheet in the Data Compare, since the Data Compare can only show one table at a time. If you open your Excel file, switch sheets, then close it, and re-open in BC3, it should then show the new current sheet.

We have a KB article that goes into more detail with a few other tips here:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...ultisheetexcel
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• SteveR
      New User
      • Oct 2014

Hi Aaron,

I too was looking for an easier way to perform a multi-page spreadsheet comparison. When I did not find a satisfactory method in the documentation, I rolled my own. How can I submit a new File Format script to be included in the downloads section of the web site?

I started with your VBScript (XLS_to_TAB_single.vbs) that saves the Active Worksheet as CSV, and modified it to extract ALL the Worksheets to a temporary directory (with the same base name as the original spreadsheet). Each Worksheet is saved as its own .tsv file, and then the whole directory is zipped up, as well as output as a single Data file for direct comparison.

The nice part of the Data comparison is that the first column contains the ##.name of each worksheet, so the individual rows are aligned with other rows in the same worksheet. As a side effect, the temporary .zip file is left in place next to the original Excel file. Since BC can already display archive files as if they were a folder, I can further navigate into the .zip file and find only those Worksheets that have differences.
      --
      Steve Rickus

Comment

• Chris
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Steve,

Thanks for offering the new file format. Please email the file format to [email protected] and we'll work on adding it to our website.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...