X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gimpster
    Journeyman
    • Sep 2011

Crash Report: loading files from /tmp

Attempting to compare 2 csv files from the /tmp directory caused BC4 to crash, repro'd twice before moving the files to a different directory. Permissions for that directory are as follows:

[ 09:23:58 ]$ ls -la /tmp
    lrwxr-xr-x@ 1 root wheel 11 Nov 16 08:24 /tmp -> private/tmp
    [ 09:26:20 ]$ ls -la /private/tmp
    total 387408
    drwxrwxrwt 25 root wheel 850 Apr 24 09:25 .
    drwxr-xr-x@ 6 root wheel 204 Nov 16 08:30 ..
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Thanks for the report. Are you able to reproduce the crash if you move a pair of test files back into this directory? Which file path are you using to access the files (\tmp\file or \private\tmp\file)?

Which session type are you currently comparing your CSV files in?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• gimpster
      Journeyman
      • Sep 2011

The path I typed into BC4 was in the format /tmp/file, but I'm able to repro the issue with /private/tmp/file. I could still repro this problem after moving the test files back to that directory, and I've been able to repro this using the Text Compare and Data Compare option.

Narrowing down the repro case a bit more, it appears to happen when I start from the "Home" window, modify a previously-saved session to point to the new files, and then click "Open as New".

However, if I start from the "Home" window, select a new session (e.g. "Text Compare" and then put the file paths into each respective side of the compare window, then it doesn't repro.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Thanks. Open As New was the key in helping reproduce this. Thanks for including the detailed steps.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...