X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steveculshaw
    Expert
    • Sep 2009

Can't access Windows 8 Phone drive

Is there someway to access a Windows 8 Phone when using BC?

I've connected my phone and I can browse through the storage in Windows Explorer, but when I tried to create a new Folder Compare between the two paths using the address from the two Explorer windows ...

Local drive
    D:\Resources\Audio\RunAsRadio\

Phone
    Computer\Windows Phone\Phone\Music\Richard Campbell and Greg Hughes\RunAs Radio\

I get a "Folder Not Available" error from BC
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

BC3 currently only supports connecting and browsing to a drive letter (c:\folder), Windows Network (\\computershare\folder), or an FTP (ftp://server/folder). BC3 Pro also supports SFTP and FTPS.

We do not currently support MTP, which is what would be required for connecting to a Windows phone. If there is an app or program that would allow a drive letter, network share, or FTP access, you could use that as a workaround to browse.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• steveculshaw
      Expert
      • Sep 2009

Thanks for the response, never heard of MTP
      Blast, quick search and MTP to MSC seems to be a problem :-(

Any thoughts of supporting MTP in BC?

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

It's on our Wishlist to support, but is a fairly large project. It's definitely something we are interested in, but it would require a decent amount of research and testing and not likely something we would be able to support soon.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• timg11
          Expert
          • Apr 2010

More and more mobile devices require MTP support. I have several, and not being able to use BC is an annoyance. Please add it to your priority list for adding support to BC. If it is difficult, now is the time to get started.

(I'll be happy to help test when you have a beta).
          Last edited by timg11; 07-Aug-2013, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• kingers
            New User
            • Sep 2013

I had this problem with my Android phone. Searching elsewhere I was led to an app called DavDrive which I installed on my phone and then was able to use Windows 'map network drive' feature to assign it a drive letter. The phone needed to be on the wifi network. Instructions are here: http://davdrive-android.fun2code.de/. It worked for me using Windows 8 on my PC and my phone is a Galaxy S4.

Comment

Working...