Hi.

I've been using the following bcompare.txt to generate a report

text-report layout:side-by-side &
    options:display-mismatches,line-numbers &
    title:"%3" &
    output-to:%4 &
    output-options:wrap-word,html-color &
    %1 %2

I know that to generate a table report I replace "text-report" with "data-report" I looked at the data report section from the scripting reference but am I unable to figure out how to generate a report just based on differences in say column #3.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

In general, I recommend using the interface first to see how the Table Compare loads and compares your files. This way you can update any configurations needed for the main comparison and alignment, then generate different layout options in the Session menu -> Table Compare Report dialog. Once you find a good combination of settings and report options, we can then help with the script that either loads updated global default settings or otherwise configures the comparison so the automated script can deliver the same report.

By default, the Table Compare marks col 1 as the Key col to sort and align by. If you need to update this or Column Importance (Key, Standard, or Unimportant), you will need to update the Session Defaults for the Table Compare so that on a new load, the Table Compare loads with the settings already set. Script can then use these settings, too.

If you are still having any trouble, please feel free to post here or email us at [email protected] (with a link back to this forum thread in the email) with full screen screenshots of the current Table Compare and let us know how you would like it to be loading the displayed data, and we can help with the needed settings. Sample files and a BCSupport.zip from Help menu -> Support; Export emailed in can help, too.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• eugenetan
      Visitor
      • Apr 2020

Sent an email with screenshots to support. Once we resolve that I will post the solution here.

Cheers,
      /et

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

I sent back more details. The main takeaway is that it looks like your important column should be Standard (important) and not a Key, plus some other tips. Once you get the interface comparing, you can then set up the script to use those settings.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• eugenetan
          Visitor
          • Apr 2020

Thanks to Aaron help

The workaround until I use the portal version that gives me the complete flexibility of changing BCSessions.xml to suit my needs was

- Column #1 Key
          - Column #2, #4 unimportant
          - Column #3 Standard

Those was made the default settings for new Table Compare sessions.

Then the following script was used.

data-report layout:side-by-side &
          options:ignore-unimportant,display-mismatches,line-numbers &
          title:"%3" &
          output-to:"%4" &
          output-options:wrap-word,html-color &
          "%1" "%2"

Cheers,
          /et

Comment

Working...