X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RobLatour
    New User
    • Sep 2019

unable to copy ... an unexpected network error occured

I am trying to sync two folders, one on my pc one on a qnap nas. Files on the pc to mirrored over the the nas so that the nas is an exact copy of what is on my pc.

I set the sync up, it read and compared the folders on both sides just fine, but when it went to do the updates a just got a series of errors reported such as:

Unable to copy E:\Applied Patches\__Sync to HomeServer.ffs_batch: An unexpected network error occurred

Any help or advice would be appreciated.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

The quickest troubleshooting method is to power cycle the NAS device, close and restart BC4 and see if that impacts the behavior you were seeing.

For more detailed troubleshooting, if you attempt a copy with a single file from source to E:\ (NAS), using BC4 does it work? And if you repeat with that exact file, and same folder syntax in Windows Explorer (can copy/paste into the Location bar), does a Copy Paste work? And repeated with Windows Command Prompt's copy command?

If it works in Explorer during these tests, if you then repeat the same single file test using BC4 or the command prompt, does a successful initial copy then allow the other programs to work?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• RobLatour
      New User
      • Sep 2019

Thanks, just to close the loop on this. I ended up deleting and recreating the folder on the nas; everything is working now as expected. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...