yyyyy true

What I would like to see as a result is
    File 1
    xxxxx true
    yyyyy false

File 2
    xxxxx false
    yyyyy true

Sorry for the poor example. I tried to make the example horizontal instead of vertical but formatting seems to be a little difficult. I have attached a *.doc file (zipped) in an effort to make the problem clearer.
    Any guidance would be appreciated.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Xanadu3141; 01-Dec-2015, 09:10 AM.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Given this specific example, would the Table Compare better meet your needs? It would auto-detect Columns, and you can mark the first column as the Key (xxxx, yyyy, zzzz) which is sorted and aligned. Column 2 is then compared (or can be marked as Unimportant).

Otherwise, if in the Text Compare, you can define a Grammar to match on the first part, or define a grammar for the value "true" and "false". It might be easier to define the later, and mark it as Unimportant in the Text Compare Session Settings, then also go to the Alignment tab and enable Never Align Differences. This option will never align important differences, so xxxx and yyyy should then align.

In either View you can set the Display Filters to Toggles mode by right clicking the toolbar, then uncheck/disable the Orphan toggles to hide items only on one side, leaving only items that have aligned.

Let us know if you have any questions.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...