X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • misi01
    Old Hand
    • Jun 2005

Batch script and own user-defined file formats

First the simple error I'm getting (obviously doing something wrong, but can't see the wood for the trees).

Here is my scripting file:-

Code:
    # Turn logging on.
    Log normal c:\temp\Synclog.txt
    #
    file-report layout:summary options:ignore-unimportant &
                output-to:c:\temp\bc_test_file.txt &
                    T:\MFE\USERS\etc etc\Q312101\OLD\D150218.DAT &
                    T:\MFE\USERS\etc etc\Q312101\NEW\D150218.DAT
    This is how I'm calling it:-

Code:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Beyond Compare 3\bcomp.exe" T:\MFE\Users\etc etc\BC_hafo_compare.bat /silent
    First of all, I'm expecting to see SOMETHING in my c:\temp directory but nothing ends up there.
    Secondly, I actually enter BC with a screen showing the content of the BAT file as one of the files for comparison (nothing in the other file at all).

Now to my other problem. The .DAT files are actually created in s/w called Mainframe Express and are EBCDIC files. I have defined an external conversion program (in my File Formats) to be run for .DAT files that converts these EBCDIC files to ASCII so that the comparison of 2 files in interactive BC actually shows what you would expect to see (rather than unreadable EBCDIC characters).

Question is, can this type of external conversion program be run using a script?
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

For any script troubleshooting, please remove the /silent flat. This suppresses all information, including any warning dialogs or error messages.

The command line does not seem to reference the script file you've written. Assuming your script code is stored in a file such as "BCScript.txt", then you would call using:
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Beyond Compare 3\bcomp.exe" "@c:\bcscript.txt"
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...