• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NeOnD
    Expert
    • Oct 2008

trailing spaces in folder path

Hi,

I noticed that if there are trailing space in the folder path, BC errs out saying "Folder not available". e.g. if I enter following text in folder path (ignore double quotes) -
    Code:
    "sftp://[email protected]//usr/local          "
    then it'll err out even though the directory "/usr/local" exists on remote server, just because there are trailing spaces in the path. Is there a way to ignore those spaces? I agree this won't happen when we enter the path manually & make sure there are no trailing spaces but in my case mostly I copy the path from Unix & it carries the trailing spaces.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

While this initially seems like a nice thing to do for users, file paths can technically have trailing whitespace in a variety of situations. Since these files can actually exist, we need to explicitly follow the path as entered.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• NeOnD
      Expert
      • Oct 2008

Is it possible to keep a flag to turn the feature on/off?

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

We get pretty regular reports from users who are confused when they encounter files that look like they have equal file names, but that the files do not align due to whitespace differences. For now, file names would need to be explicitly defined to help make these differences clear. If you need to trim off trailing whitespace after a paste, you could do so with Ctrl+Shift+Left arrow. This should select the trailing whitespace, which you can then delete.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...