X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisjj
    Carpal Tunnel
    • Apr 2008

Graphical decoration

I'd be interested to know roughly how many users requested the graphical decorations (e.g. gradient fills http://i.imgur.com/1Lcqqop.png) that have recently been made obligatory on BC.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello Chrisjj,

We've implemented one theme that we're using consistently across all 3 platforms in the beta, and are prioritizing bug fixes and polishing for the 4.0 release. We'll look into adding more theme customization as a potential 4.x.x feature.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• chrisjj
      Carpal Tunnel
      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Aaron
      We've implemented one theme that we're using consistently across all 3 platforms in the beta, and are prioritizing bug fixes and polishing for the 4.0 release.
      Figures.

Can you tell me roughly how many users requested the graphical decorations (e.g. gradient fills http://i.imgur.com/1Lcqqop.png) that have recently been made obligatory on BC?

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

I don't have a number for you, but 'improving our look' on Linux and OSX was a common request, and our first attempt at a single theme had to try and fit the stylings for all 3 OS's.

Many of us also run with the default Windows 7 theme in office, so the current theme fits closely with that.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• chrisjj
          Carpal Tunnel
          • Apr 2008

Thanks. And thanks for the scare quotes.

Please consider running a poll here to discover what users think of the result of that 'improvement'.

PS Please don't hire Jony Ive
          Last edited by chrisjj; 10-Apr-2014, 10:56 AM.

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

No scare quotes, Chris.

We only have the resources for a single theme for all versions of the program right now. We're currently concentrating on this like "FTP fixes on Mac", and implementing the workflow and design of the Folder Merge, which are a higher priority than additional theme options. It's something we'll look into after we've got the new features we need to implemented and polished in the beta. We just added Amazon S3 support and per-profile Private/Public key pairs in this last release. We've been keeping busy.

Other users are welcome to provide feedback publicly on the forum or privately by email to [email protected].
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...