X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stevanich
    New User
    • Jan 2013

Windows Phone 8 Folders

Currently, when I connect my Windows Phone 8 device to my computer, I cannot use it as a source folder for compare. From Windows Explorer, I can browse the device. Is there a way to make this possible from Beyond Compare?

My goal is to compare the Music and Pictures directories on the phone to my local My Music and My Pictures directories to manage files.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Beyond Compare 3 can access files and folders through mapped drive letters (eg. C:\Folder), remote paths (eg. \\computer\Folder), and FTP connections (eg. ftp://user@ipaddress). BC3 Pro also supports FTPS and SFTP. BC3 currently lacks the ability to access a device using the MTP standard, which is becoming a common connection method for mobile devices.

Adding support for MTP is on our wishlist. In the meantime, you will need to use a workaround. You could copy the files to a temp local directory to perform a sync, or if there is an app available that would allow you to run an FTP server on the phone, this would also work.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...