X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gotfire
    Visitor
    • Sep 2008

Feature Request: iPhone directory browsing support

I take photos on my iPhone at work that I use to describe something in email.
    I currently have to manually browse to the directory within my iPhone from My Computer, to offload the files.

Since I use Beyond Compare everyday for everything else, I'd love to see the ability for this device to show up as it does under "My Computer".

Thanks
    Matt
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Thanks for the request, Matt. Browsing devices like this is on our Customer Wishlist, and I'll add your notes to the entry.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• gotfire
      Visitor
      • Sep 2008

Any update on this? moving files to and from iPhone with Windows 7 sets the date to the day copied.
      Here's what I see:
      When I browse to the folder via Windows then paste that path in BC3 it can't find Computer\Apple iPhone\Internal Storage\

Thx
      Matt

Comment

• Midders
        New User
        • Nov 2011

Just for information:
        A slight variation on the above, I discovered that I can map my target iPad folder (used by the GoodReader App) as a network drive on my PC.
        However, even though I can then select the mapped drive (on the iPad) to compare with a drive on my PC, it does not display the contents of the folder, even though I can navigate the sub-folders in windows explorer.

Comment

• Aaron
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Hello,

This is likely due to GoodReader not quite following all of the standards needed to support Samba/Windows Shared folders. We have similar reports with some NAS devices; a firmware or driver update usually helps if it is available. But just to double-check, if you enable Suppress Filters, do the contents show up at all (in a teal color)?
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Hello,

We don't have a status update for this feature request. It is still on our Customer Wishlist.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Midders
              New User
              • Nov 2011

Before Suppressing Filters, all that shows is a single 'target.lnk'. With Suppress Filters, there is also a 'desktop.ini'.

Comment

• Aaron
                Team Scooter
                • Oct 2007

Hello,

Desktop.ini is almost always a Protected Operating System file, which we hide by default. I don't think it is directly related to the issue. The "target.lnk" is a bit more interesting; BC3 does not follow .lnk files, but if you navigate to that directory in My Computer are you able to see/find the target.lnk file? If you can, and go to its properties, where is it pointing? You may then be able to manually navigate to that location.

To show any Protected Operating System files, you can change this filter setting to show protected files on the Home screen, in the Edit Session Defaults folder in the Saved Sessions list, then select Folder Compare, then in the Other Filters tab, select DOS Attributes, and disable "Exclude Protected Operating System Files".
                Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...