X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisjj
    Carpal Tunnel
    • Apr 2008

15075 Is there any log panel documentation

Is there any documentation for the log panel? None found in Help, except Show Log to show and hide it. Thanks.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

There is more documentation in the Settings Reference -> Program Options -> Folder Views -> Log chapter. The Log itself shows messages generated by BC3 and messages that are passed back to BC3 by various sources (Windows, the FTP Server, etc).
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• chrisjj
      Carpal Tunnel
      • Apr 2008

> There is more documentation in the Settings Reference -> Program Options -> Folder Views -> Log chapter.

Thanks. Nothing there on e.g. what the colour-coding signifies.

Can you tell me specifically what red means? Not simply "error" is seems since I am getting red messages that are not IDed as errors by the "View all errors" pop-up... which I assume is supposed to show all errors, but I can't find any documentation of that either.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello Chris,

The color coding does not signify what shows up in the error box. The error box contains errors that make file operations fail.

Do you have a specific example of a Red error text and Black error text that was causing some confusion? An example of a Black error text that was ending up in the error box?
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• chrisjj
          Carpal Tunnel
          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Aaron
          The color coding does not signify what shows up in the error box.
          OK, thanks. So what does the colour coding it signify, please?

Originally posted by Aaron
          Do you have a specific example of a Red error text and Black error text that was causing some confusion? An example of a Black error text that was ending up in the error box?
          Well, none I would feel safe in presenting because now I don't actually know what you mean by "error text". How can I determine whether a given line of log panel text is an error? If you can tell me, then I'll know whether I am confused ... or not!

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

We try to catch and present errors as red, but since BC3's log displays general messages passed back from Windows, the Server, etc, which can have error codes that might not be errors, we might miss presenting some errors with red text.

As for 'error text', I was trying to catch more detail for either:
            - Red Errors that are not in the Errors box (which is hopefully explained now. The error box is more specific and only for failed File Operations.)
            - Black Errors that are in the Errors box (which, we'd love to get some examples of so we can catch them and make them red).
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• chrisjj
              Carpal Tunnel
              • Apr 2008

OK, so I take it my red errors absent from the Error box are that way because they are not failed file operations. If I see any blank line in the Errors box, I'll let you know.

Thanks Aaron.

Comment

Working...