• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • svecmisa
    New User
    • Aug 2019

Ignoring a specific byte address when comparing DLLs in two folders

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to set a filter in BC which would ignore one specific byte when several DLLs are compared between two folders.

I have two folders (A and B) and they both have the same structure and files.
    I know all the DLL files from folder A are the same as DLL files in folder B except for one specific byte that has been changed in all the DLLs in folder B.
    In order to prove that this is the only difference between the DLL files in the two folders I would like to create a filter or an "unimportant" section covering this one specific byte (the byte address is the same in each and every of the DLL files).

I can see for other file types this can be done with the Grammar function. When I select any binary type there is no Grammar tab available.

Thanks you.
    Michal
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Correct, unimportance is not an available option for the Hex Compare (byte ranges). It is something on our Customer Wishlist (and I'll add these notes), but isn't supported in the current version of BC4.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• AlainM
      New User
      • Nov 2021

Hi,

I also have the same request. I'd like to be able to ignore a range of bytes when comparing binary files. Is there any development on this request?

Best regards
      Alain

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

No, unfortunately the Hex Compare still does not support defining Unimportance.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...