• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisjj
    Carpal Tunnel
    • Apr 2008

18414 False "Completed"

e.g.

2014-10-29 02:34:18 Successfully synchronized 7,105 items. Failed to synchronize 15,502 items. Completed in 2 hours, 22 minutes.
    Sorry, but it ain't completedwhen it failed on 15,502 items. Please say e.g. "Finished" instead, and say "Completed" only when it really completed.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Thanks for the suggestion. Since many users use external scripts to parse and find information in our logs, I don't think we'll update the text to provide two variants. Tasks in Beyond Compare can have a fatal error that prevents them from running (such as Failed to Load Base Folder), but file level errors do not prevent the action from running and acting on as many files as it was directed to sync.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• chrisjj
      Carpal Tunnel
      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Aaron
      Thanks for the suggestion. Since many users use external scripts to parse and find information in our logs
      One might say users reckless enough to rely on an undefined data format deserve what they get when it changes

Originally posted by Aaron
      I don't think we'll update the text to provide two variants.
      OK. Please pass only my suggestion to simply correct "Completed" to "Finished".

Comment

• chrisjj
        Carpal Tunnel
        • Apr 2008

This false report persists in 27058.

>> Since many users use external scripts to parse and find information in our logs

I take that to suggest there are scripts parsing "Completed" to mean completed regardless of Failed. Surely such scripts would welcome removal of the false Completed. I cannot imagine any sensible script that would be disadvantaged.

Comment

Working...