X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DarnellH
    New User
    • Dec 2006

Regular Expression

I have a string literal in a text file that is in quotes. It begins with $Head and ends with daeH. The stuff before $Head is not important as is the stuff after deaH. I thought I would use two unimportant clauses but I can't get the first to work. I used .+\$ to try to ignore everything before. .* does not work either. .+ and .* by themselves ignores the entire file (as expected) I tried .*\\$. I tried checking/unchecking the "All other text is unimportant" box but that does not work. From its description, I thought it would. Basically the only thing important to me is the variable length text that will be between Head and daeH. The text after daeH is unimportant too.
  • Zoë
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Re: Regular Expression

Create a new string literal that uses the "Delimited" category, use "Head" as the "Beginning with" and "daeH" as the "and ending with", and check the "All other text is unimportant" checkbox.
    Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• DarnellH
      New User
      • Dec 2006

Thanks that worked. Classic case of trying to force a round peg in a square hole. Another question as part of the same problem : Is there a way to have a session start with specified rule?

Comment

• Chris
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

It is possible to force a rule to be used from the command line.

Start BC2.exe with the /rules= command line switch. This will make all rules-based comparisons, in the File Viewer or Folder Viewer use the specified rule regardless of file extension.

All of BC's command line options are listed in the Command Line and Scripting section of the Help file.

It isn't possible to save a session and have it always use a specified rule.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...