X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dabest1
    Visitor
    • Jun 2012

Compare Excel files - not sorting by key

I am comparing two Excel files (*.xlsx). I have noticed that the rows are not sorted properly by key column. I have upgraded to the most recent version 3.3.5, but that did not help with the issue.

I have tried to go around the sort issue by cutting and pasting the lines, so that same key ends up on the same line in both files, but there is a problem with cut and paste. Cutting and pasting a line, results in data being shifted to different columns when there are some columns which are blank.

Please fix both issues.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

The key column sorting appears to be working in BC 3.3.5. Could you email us:
    -Your BCSupport.zip from the Help menu -> Support; Export
    -A pair of sample files
    -A full screen screenshot of your sample files
    -A link back to this forum thread for our reference.

With this, we should be able to recreate what you are seeing and try to figure out what issue you are running into.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• dabest1
      Visitor
      • Jun 2012

I have submitted the requested information to [email protected]. Please let me know if you need anything else. Thanks.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Thanks.

It looks like you may have enabled "Unsorted Alignment" in the default Data Compare session settings. To re-enable sorting, go to the Home screen, expand the Edit session defaults folder, and select Data Compare. In the Columns tab, at the bottom, disable "Unsorted Alignment".

Then start a new Data Compare session. Does this work for you?
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...