• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FokeyJoe
    New User
    • Feb 2011

Quickly scanning image diffs

Hiya,

I was going to ask if there's a way to save all the diff images between image compares in one go? This is so that I can flick through very quickly all the diffs of the images to get an impression of how different they are. But, I found the solution while typing this out and thought I'd post for anyone else considering the problem. It may be obvious to some of you.

You don't save out the diff image. Though you can if you right-click on the diff and select copy or CTRL+C while it's selected, then paste it into your fave image editor, maybe gimp or irfanview. Granted, that isn't the most ideal situation if you have a lot of files.

If you open the first image diff and set up the right zoom level, then use CTRL+M (from menu Search | Next Difference Files) then you get the desired effect and can quickly eye-scan the diffs.

HTH
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

In our latest version of BC3, we have the ability to generate Picture Reports. From a Folder Compare session, if you select only picture files, you can go to the Actions menu -> File Comparison Report, and it should show the Picture Report dialog. You can configure the Folder Compare to run a Rules-based compare first, and then select only picture files with differences found to generate the report.

How does this work for you?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• FokeyJoe
      New User
      • Feb 2011

Hi Aaron,

Yes, I upgraded and found it. Works a treat.

Many thanks

Comment

Working...