BC and Direct CD

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

BC and Direct CD

I am a faithful user of Beyond Compare. Currently my main version is Version 1.9f but occasionally I use version 2.0. My primary means of using BC has been to synchronize a CDRW disk to take projects from my work machine to my home machine. The CDRW drive I use has Roxio (formerly Adaptec) Direct CD. I have used the compression option on the CDRW disks to effectively double the CDRW capacity from 500 mMB to 1 GB.

Whne I use BC 1.9f I have no problems. WHen I used BC 2.0 the files would get corrupted during the transfer process. The developers of BC 2.0 informed me that yes this was a problem. They hinted that version 2.1 might address this issue.

To date I have mainly relied upon Version 1.9f. I would like to know if this issue has been resolved in version 2.1.

• Zoë
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Re: BC and Direct CD

The copy routines under WinNT/2K/XP are now the same as those Explorer uses, so it should work as well as BC1. I did some additional work to support DirectCD as well, so it shouldn't hit the write errors when ejecting that were popping up for some people.

If you were getting "Delayed Write Errors", that's actually a due to a system configuration error. I don't have them handy write now, but Microsoft has a couple of knowledge base articles on it. I think it's usually due to an incorrect UltraDMA setting in the system BIOS.
    Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

Re: BC and Direct CD

Craig

Thanks for your prompt reply to my message. I used BC 2.1 with my compressed CDRW disks (created using compressed Direct CD software) this weekend and things went flawlessly.

I am now converting from version 1.9f to 2.1 as of now.

Bob

Comment

Working...