X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael Bulgrien
    Carpal Tunnel
    • Oct 2007

Cirrus icons on Explorer Context Menu

I find it interesting that the first "Select Left" icon is just an arrow... but once you've selected left, the next one is qualified with an image of a file or a folder. I'm just wondering why the select left isn't always qualified with the file or folder image? It's no biggie, but it seems like it would be more consistent if the select left icon always looked the same for each type of object.

Also, since there is now a unique icon for selecting left-side files and folders, I expected them to work independently of each other. In other words, if I select a left-side file, then select a left-side folder, I would expect to be able to click on another file and compare it with the cached filename for the left-hand side (even though I have also queued up a left-hand side folder as well).
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
  • Tim
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

As I mentioned elsewhere, the file/folder glyphs indicate a spot has been filled. I'll probably change them to little green checkmarks instead.

We'll consider saving file and folder specs independently, along with other stickiness issues.
    Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
      Carpal Tunnel
      • Oct 2007

Tim, I see now that the page/folder icons are useful when the merge option is enabled in the context menu. However, it really doesn't make much sense (and can be confusing) when only the classic compare options are enabled in the context menu. I have a couple suggestions:

1) When only the compare option is enabled in the context menu, why change the icon at all? Just leave it like it was in BC2 to prevent any confusion.

2) When merge is enabled in the context menu, I would rather select the right file and have the center file as the final step:

BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
        Carpal Tunnel
        • Oct 2007

Afterthought:
        Another possibility for Select Right would be to use the blue arrow instead of reversing the red arrow.
        BC v4.0.7 build 19761

Comment

Working...