X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

I'm not sure how you are seeing that behavior in Notepad. Is it with a copy paste? Or directly launching from which program? A CRLF should be a line break in Notepad (while the other two would not).
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• mikedgre
      Enthusiast
      • Jan 2018

notepad behavior

When I do a 'save as' from the BC editor and save to a file with .txt extension, there are no line breaks
      when it sees a CR, LF, CRLF. I open up the .txt saved file and no lines have been broken.
      I also did the FTP path from the Mainframe. When the ftp'd file lands on the PC, I rename it to a .txt extension.
      This text file in notepad shows no line breaks. Using these 2 methods to get the file to PC as a .txt, I see no
      line breaking. That is why I feel the CR, LF, CRLF are ignored.

If I do a copy (Ctrl + C) of the line with CR,LF, CRLF and paste(Ctrl + P) into MS Word, the line is broken. This makes me come to the conclusion that Word 'processes' the CR, LF, CRLF and does the line break. Notepad IMO has a hands off approach with no line breaks.

Originally posted by Aaron
      Hello,

I'm not sure how you are seeing that behavior in Notepad. Is it with a copy paste? Or directly launching from which program? A CRLF should be a line break in Notepad (while the other two would not).

Comment

Working...