X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael Bulgrien
    Carpal Tunnel
    • Oct 2007

Increase/Decrease Font Size

When a co-worker walks up behind me to see what I am doing, I like to bump up the font size so they can watch without squinting... Ultra-Edit makes it easy. It would be great if Beyond Compare did too.

BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
  • Tim
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Thanks, Michael. We'll add that to the wishlist.

In the meantime, you can configure the Display Font command to appear on your toolbar, and it has a dropdown with previously selected fonts. You can use it to quickly switch between two or more font sizes.
    Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

• timdiller
      New User
      • Feb 2016

Bump. It looks like this issue has gotten lost in the wishlist for the last 8 years. I'm a relatively new user of BC4, and I would like to have this feature. Pretty much every other text editor/viewer that I use has some facility for changing font size from the keyboard, usually with cmd+ and cmd -

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

Thanks. Our wishlist is extensive, and we aren't able to tackle every item. While we do not support zooming, we do allow customized fonts and sizing in the Tools menu -> Options dialog, Colors/Fonts section: Folder Views tab, File Views tab, etc.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• dbaldonado
          New User
          • Feb 2017

+1 for zoom

Yeah, the increase of display size (zoom) would be great (and much needed). I realize the work-around is to change the font but on a simple text files (.txt) the text is not actually formatted with a font type or size so changing that doesn't actually jive. Just my 2 cents for making the zoom happen or bump in priority to happen sooner.

-dB

Originally posted by Aaron
          Hello,

Thanks. Our wishlist is extensive, and we aren't able to tackle every item. While we do not support zooming, we do allow customized fonts and sizing in the Tools menu -> Options dialog, Colors/Fonts section: Folder Views tab, File Views tab, etc.

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

This is something we plan to tackle. Keep an eye our for our upcoming BC 4.2 beta, which will have a Ctrl+Shift+MouseWheel shortcut for zooming.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Chris
              Team Scooter
              • Oct 2007

Font resizing via Ctrl+Shift+MouseWheel and "Increase Display Font Size", "Decrease Display Font Size", and "Reset Display Font Size" commands are supported in Beyond Compare 4.2 beta that was released today.

Beta download page:
              http://www.scootersoftware.com/download.php?zz=beta42
              Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• bgwallace
                New User
                • Jul 2017

Originally posted by Chris
                Font resizing via Ctrl+Shift+MouseWheel and "Increase Display Font Size", "Decrease Display Font Size", and "Reset Display Font Size" commands are supported in Beyond Compare 4.2 beta that was released today.

Beta download page:
                http://www.scootersoftware.com/download.php?zz=beta42
                Thanks Chris. What's the correct hotkey shortcut for a MacBook Pro with force touch trackpad and no mouse?

Regards,
                Brad

Comment

• Aaron
                  Team Scooter
                  • Oct 2007

Hello,

We don't have a hotkey for using the trackpad instead of the scroll wheel of a mouse.

If you go to the Beyond Compare menu -> Preferences dialog, Toolbars/etc tab -> select Text Compare from the dropdown. You can then search for Zoom or Reset and assign custom hotkey combinations.

We can also look into trackpad gesture support; I'll make a note of it in our Customer Wishlist.
                  Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• ramsesk
                    New User
                    • Jan 2024

Hey Aaron,
                    Thanks for implementing. It does seem to work when I press Control+Shift+Scroll-wheel. However, only the text of the file that I'm looking at is zoomed in/out.

It would be even better if the entire UI would also scale. Especially to showcase a folder-compare to some colleagues it would be nice if this can also be zoomed in.
                    Am I missing some part of the feature? Is this still on the backlog?

Kind regards,
                    Ramses

Comment

• Aaron
                      Team Scooter
                      • Oct 2007

Thanks. Scaling the whole UI dynamically (buttons, pictures, etc) is not something we'll be able to tackle anytime soon, but zooming the tree view of the Folder Compare is something on our wishlist. Our wishlist is not currently scheduled development, and we're pretty busy with the BC 5.0 beta and launch, but once we get that out we'll circle back around and look over some of these.
                      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• ramsesk
                        New User
                        • Jan 2024

Originally posted by Aaron
                        Thanks. Scaling the whole UI dynamically (buttons, pictures, etc) is not something we'll be able to tackle anytime soon, but zooming the tree view of the Folder Compare is something on our wishlist. Our wishlist is not currently scheduled development, and we're pretty busy with the BC 5.0 beta and launch, but once we get that out we'll circle back around and look over some of these.
                        Thanks for your reply. Happy to know it is on the wishlist. Good luck with version 5.

Comment

Working...