X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisjj
    Carpal Tunnel
    • Apr 2008

Unloaded folder state

It would be nice if the UI could be somehow amended to avoid the hidden state wherein commands targetting one side a re mysteriously unavailable e.g.

because the folder is not loaded and this is not apparent from the display.
  • Michael Bulgrien
    Carpal Tunnel
    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by chrisjj
    the folder is not loaded and this is not apparent from the display.
    Actually, it is apparent from the display. The fact that the load arrow on the right side is enabled (yellow) indicates that the folder on that side has not yet been loaded. If it had been loaded, the load arrow would be disabled (gray) as it is on the left side.

That being said, I agree that something a little more eye-catching might be useful (such as reverting the text in the path combobox to gray if you remove focus from the combobox without loading the file.)
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

• chrisjj
      Carpal Tunnel
      • Apr 2008

> The fact that the load arrow on the right side is enabled (yellow)
      > indicates that the folder on that side has not yet been loaded.

I (one who uses mostly keyboard and who thereby has never used that arrow button!) stand corrected - thanks.

> That being said, I agree that something a little more eye-catching might be
      > useful (such as reverting the text in the path combobox to gray if you
      > remove focus from the combobox without loading the file.)

Neat. Or perhaps something focus-unconditional, e.g. bold means loaded. (Though I accept that bold's displacement effect can annoy - certainly it does me on e.g. one line of a list, such as in a music librarian.)

Comment

Working...