X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mzel
    Expert
    • Mar 2008

Bug while searching

If my search was unsuccessful you show a info i9n the bottom panel, that the ext was not found. If after that I change my search criteria, and my next search yields a positive result, the info panel still keeps the error message.
    Also, why there are options Left and Left, Right, but there is no Right?
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Thanks for pointing out the issue with the Not Found message not disappearing.

The options are Current (Left), and Both (Left,Right). If you click into the other pane, you'll notice the text Left will change to Right. Also, if you select Left,Right, you'll notice the above text change depending on which pane it currently found the text in. Once you select Current Left or Right, it will then sticky to the appropriate side and not switch.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
      Carpal Tunnel
      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Aaron
      Once you select Current Left or Right, it will then sticky to the appropriate side and not switch.
      Not 100% true. If you happen to be interacting with both panes (such as clicking on the other side to copy a change back over the item you just found) then all of a sudden the search stickies to the other side. While it is useful to have a search that works in the context of whatever side has focus, it also can be frustrating when you cannot force the search to stay in a specific pane while you are working in both panes.

That's why, in January, I suggested this enhancement. I'm still waiting for a response...
      BC v4.0.7 build 19761
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

• Tim
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

I'm still waiting for a response...
        We've added your suggestion to the wishlist.

Thanks,
        Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

• Erik
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

In the next release (449), the search failed message panel will not be visible during a new search.
          Erik Scooter Software

Comment

Working...