If I buy Pro 3 now, can I have a free upgrade to v4?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjard
    Visitor
    • Dec 2012

If I buy Pro 3 now, can I have a free upgrade to v4?

Pretty please? Or should I wait til 4 is out fully?
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Details can be found here:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/beta....beta4_howtobuy

"New licenses purchased after 1/1/2013 upgrade for free." which would qualify you for a free upgrade.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Tim
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

A little later today we will be publishing a link for buying BC4 licenses or upgrading BC3 licenses.
      Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

And here's the link

http://www.scootersoftware.com/vbull...ad.php?t=12753
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Narbat
          Enthusiast
          • Jun 2010

To sweeten the deal, we're having a virtual Grand Opening next week, January 30th and 31st! On those days, the coupon code HELLOBC4 will give you a 10% discount on any BC4 license or upgrade.
          But of course the code doesn't work now, we still have to wait a week. What a tease!

(Actually, I'm tempted to forgo the discount and pay full price anyway, just to say thanks for one of the most useful programs that I've kept in my toolkit for over a decade now.)

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

We're still working out the kinks in the system, so this gives us a few more days before the rush to get the discounted price.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• fschoenm
              Visitor
              • Jan 2012

I have a Pro license for Windows but I plan to also use Beyond Compare on Mac OS X after 4.0 is released. But in your upgrade calculator I noticed that a multi-platform license would be more expensive than two single licenses (for Windows and Mac). Is that intended? Do you plan on offering a discount for customers that only need a license for two platforms?

Comment

• Aaron
                Team Scooter
                • Oct 2007

Hello,

Which configuration did you place into the Upgrade Calculator? A single Windows Pro license upgraded to two Pro licenses (Windows and OSX) is more expensive than a single Multi Pro license (or even a Pro Windows, Std OSX, which would be a reduced feature set).

If you need any help with your order, please email us at [email protected] and we can work through the specifics.
                Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• fschoenm
                  Visitor
                  • Jan 2012

My question was if you plan to offer a multi-platform license for two instead of three platforms with a discount over buying two separate (pro) licenses?

Comment

• Chris
                    Team Scooter
                    • Oct 2007

No, we don't plan to offer a two platform license for version 4.

For BC4 we will have single platform and multi platform licenses. The multi platform (Windows, Linux, and Mac) licenses for version 4 are priced the same as the dual platform licenses were in version 3.
                    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• Tim
                      Team Scooter
                      • Oct 2007

Just to be clear, a multi-platform license costs less than two single-platform licenses. Please try the Upgrade Calculator again and let me know if it is incorrect.
                      Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

• fschoenm
                        Visitor
                        • Jan 2012

I have a Pro edition for Windows and am thinking about a upgrade of the Pro edition for Windows and Mac. Upgrade to multi-platform shows $55 while upgrade to Win/Mac shows each for $25. Or do I have to calculate one discounted upgrade and one full version if I want to have both?

Comment

• Tim
                          Team Scooter
                          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by fschoenm
                          Or do I have to calculate one discounted upgrade and one full version if I want to have both?
                          That's basically correct. Here's a screenshot showing the calculator upgrading to two single-platform licenses:
                          Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

• gadiyar
                            New User
                            • Dec 2013

Just bought a Pro multi-platform license now with the discount (probably one of the first few to do so). Like Narbat, I too was tempted to buy without the discount (I've been using BC2 for years now).

Many thanks for what's definitely one of the best programs in my toolkit too.

Comment

• soup
                              Enthusiast
                              • Jan 2004

also just bought

A multi-pro license upgrade. (with discount)

Thanks for a brilliant program.

Would suggest, you put a donate button somewhere, broke again at the moment, but would at some point when feeling rich, willingly donate something to you guys for doing such a great job

Comment

Working...