X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisjj
    Carpal Tunnel
    • Apr 2008

13046 Strange sync result display since recent upgrade

Why since upgrade from 12204 does a sync leave my files still displayed, showing black question marks? And why does the (unlabelled) central drop-down box say Custom instead of Update Right?

12204:

13046:

This session is launched by:
    start "" "%PROGRAMFILES%\Beyond Compare 3\BCompare.exe" /solo /sync /filters=*.htm*;*.php;-*\ "%~dp0" "ftp://[email protected]/public_html/chrisjj/tango/cjjsets"

I'll revert to 12204 until this is solved.
    Last edited by chrisjj; 14-Dec-2010, 07:41 AM.
  • roymartin
    New User
    • Dec 2010

We are experiancing the same problems on our end. Your scenarios matches ours, which shows that there are differences in filesizes on the local vs. remote. You'll notice there are very small but noticable size differences. Since the filesizes were the same in previous builds and the enviroments are exact replicas, I would imagine that there has been a bug introduced into the comparison engine. We've tried various comparison options such as binary, crc and unchecking the compare file size differences, checking the override quick test results, etc and nothing seems to work.

Thanks,
    Roy

Comment

• Zoë
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

In 3.2 we added an extra sync option of "Prompt" that's used for files that have conflicting changes, rather than the previous default of "Leave alone". It still doesn't sync any of those, but does make them visible so you can decide for yourself what to do. For each file you can right click and pick the appropriate sync action.

The fact that the sync type isn't showing correctly is just a UI glitch. It's still doing the correct action, and we'll have a new build out soon that fixes it.
      Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• chrisjj
        Carpal Tunnel
        • Apr 2008

Thanks Roy and Craig.

In 3.2 we added an extra sync option of "Prompt" that's used for files that have conflicting changes, rather than the previous default of "Leave alone".
        Added options are no problem, but are you saying you changed the default?

Comment

• Zoë
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by chrisjj
          are you saying you changed the default?
          Yes. Prompt doesn't do anything but make them visible, so there's no change in actual synching behavior.
          Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• chrisjj
            Carpal Tunnel
            • Apr 2008

Yes.
            Thanks. Where is the changelog for this version, please? The download page for this version 13046 http://www.scootersoftware.com/download.php links to a changelog http://www.scootersoftware.com/ChangeLog.txt that fails to include this version.
            Last edited by chrisjj; 21-Dec-2010, 09:21 PM.

Comment

• Tim
              Team Scooter
              • Oct 2007

The ChangeLog.txt file apparently has a typo. We'll get that fixed.
              Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

• chrisjj
                Carpal Tunnel
                • Apr 2008

Indeed http://www.scootersoftware.com/ChangeLog.txt now says v3.2.3.13046 December 9, 2010. Thanks.

Where is the above-mentioned change to default behaviour, please? I see nothing like this in the Folder Sync changes between 12204 and 13046:

v3.2.3.13046 December 9, 2010

- Folder Sync
                - Fixed "Update Left" and "Update Right" sessions from 3.1 and earlier
                incorrectly copying orphans to the source side.

v3.2.2.13000 December 6, 2010

- Folder Sync
                - Added ability to override sync actions on a per-item basis.
                - Added "Next/Previous Conflict" commands, replacing "Next/Previous
                Difference".
                - "Expand subfolders when loading session" is now enabled by default.
                - Fixed "Nothing to Sync" appearing after sync has completed.
                - Tweaked "Session Settings" dialog layout and options:
                - Moved "Sync empty folders" and "Use recycle bin if possible" from "Sync"
                tab to "Handling" tab.
                - Removed "Only expand subfolders with differences" option.
                - Condensed "Archive handling" radio group to a "Synchronize within
                archives" checkbox.

Comment

• Aaron
                  Team Scooter
                  • Oct 2007

This is still something we are working out. In the meantime, if there is default behavior you would like to use, please set it in the Home screen's Folder Sync defaults, or per saved session.
                  Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• chrisjj
                    Carpal Tunnel
                    • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Aaron
                    Where is the above-mentioned change to default behaviour, please? I see nothing like this in the Folder Sync changes between 12204 and 13046
                    This is still something we are working out.
                    Sorry to be unclear. I meant where is the changelog entry for the by-design change to default behaviour mentioned above.
                    Last edited by chrisjj; 23-Dec-2010, 06:00 PM.

Comment

• paulenorrisii
                      New User
                      • Dec 2010

I prefer the old behavior

When I want to synch (or update) I have to select the entire list of files and folders prior to performing the action. For me, this is an annoying extra step. I've been unable to find an option to get the old behavior back. Is it there, and I'm missing it? Or am I seeing something different from everyone else? I use 64 bit Windows 7 as OS.

Comment

• Chris
                        Team Scooter
                        • Oct 2007

Paul,

Are you syncing from the Folder Compare?

If so, uncheck "Just selection" in the Synchronize preview dialog. Unchecking the box will sync all files regardless of selection.
                        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• chrisjj
                          Carpal Tunnel
                          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by chrisjj
                          Where is the above-mentioned change to default behaviour, please? I see nothing like this in the Folder Sync changes between 12204 and 13046
                          Please??

Comment

• Aaron
                            Team Scooter
                            • Oct 2007

We'll look into updating the changelog. Look for a change next release.
                            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• chrisjj
                              Carpal Tunnel
                              • Apr 2008

We'll look into updating the changelog. Look for a change next release.
                              Thanks.

Meanwhile, re your:

In the meantime, if there is default behavior you would like to use, please set it in the Home screen's Folder Sync defaults, or per saved session.
                              could you please tell me precisely what setting is needed to restore the behaviour?

Comment

Working...