X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stc
    Enthusiast
    • Jun 2005

"Compare To" does not always appear in context menu

Is there any reason that "Compare To" would sometimes not appear in the r-click context menu? It seems that I can always select the left folder, but afterwards, "Compare To" does not always appear. I'm accustomed to how this works under Windows (where it is consistent).
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Context menu support varies by Linux distribution and desktop environment. What Linux Distribution are you using (Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit, Fedora 25, etc) and what desktop environment are you using (Ubuntu Unity, Gnome, KDE, etc)?
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• stc
      Enthusiast
      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Chris
      What Linux Distribution are you using (Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit, Fedora 25, etc) and what desktop environment are you using (Ubuntu Unity, Gnome, KDE, etc)?
      Hi Chris,

Mint Cinnamon 18.1, 64-bit, which should be similar to Ubuntu 16.04. Nemo desktop.

I wasn't expecting any version-specific problems, since both Ubuntu 16.04 and Cinnamon are very popular.

I am not sure how to reproduce it either, except that it occurs more often than not. At first, I didn't think it was working at all.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

After a restart, when do you notice it is failing to appear? Does it depend on where the files are located (local harddrive)?
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• stc
          Enthusiast
          • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Aaron
          Hello,

After a restart, when do you notice it is failing to appear? Does it depend on where the files are located (local harddrive)?
          Hi again, Catching up after the holidays (Happy New Year!)

I've been trying to discern a pattern re when the context menu does/does not appear. (Again, the 'select left' always appears. It's the 'compare to' that often does not).

I've seen this on local folders, and I'll try to get more info the next time I see that.

But I believe it always occurs with network-mapped folders. If I manually copy the address into BC, it will work though.

Comment

• stc
            Enthusiast
            • Jun 2005

Just checking back about this. For a start, is there something special about a network-mapped folder that would cause BC to behave differently? IOW, why wouldn't r-clicking a shared folder from a networked Windows machine allow selection of that folder?

Comment

• Aaron
              Team Scooter
              • Oct 2007

We've seen odd behavior vary between Linux Mint versions before, since it evolves so rapidly. Testing in my VM, I'm also seeing an issue, but it may be intended to be disabled for the "Network" explorer location, rather than visible. If you drag and drop onto an open BC4 pane, does this work from your network location?
              Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...